1. Try not to be with people who are miserable and pessimistic. Spend as much time as possible with people who are cheerful and optimistic.
2. Try to spend at least one hour each day doing something you really enjoy.
3.Take a break go away for a few days if you can. Don't take work with you. Don't tell anyone the phone/ mobile number.
4. Let yourself go occassionally. If you feel tensed up get outside smash a tennis ball or a football.
5. Learn to laugh, laughter is the best medicine. Buy books or magazines which you find amusing or entertaining.
6.Pick up holiday brouchers from your travel agent, look through the pictures & imagine that you are there soaking up the sun.
7.Write down your problems. They would seem less threatening when written down. You will be able to tackle them more easily too.
8. Don't be afraid to cry.Tears shed for emotional reasons contain special proteins. Crying is a constructive way of dealing with sadness. Crying makes you feel calmer and happier.
9.Make sure you have something to look forward to, a trip, an outing, a meet up with friends.
10. Buy yourself a rocking chair, there is evidence to prove that rocking produces relaxing and calming harmones.
11. Build up your self confidence. Believe in your own self.
12. Talk to your friends,Explain to them how you feel, if they are true they willl be willing to listen to you & would want to help you.
13. Get your friends to send you cheerful and motivational messages every morning- it helps remove tension from your muscles.
14. Go for a brisk walk, Take Deep breaths it will make you feel revitalised.
15. Try to decide what is making you feel depressed, if you can change things do so. If not consult a counselling psychologist.
16. Make sure you have a good night's sleep. Exercising, bathing, or reading before going to bed is said to enhance sleep.
17. Check your diet eating irregularly or too much junk food can make you depressed and lathargic. Eat lots of fresh fruits. Eating whatever you like the most can help a lot.
18. Try to reduce or exposure to stress & pressure. Look through your regular commitments see where you can cut back.
19. Take up a new hobby - maybe something you have always wanted to try.
20. Enjoy whatever you do & do whatever you enjoy.